. home.aspx

NEWS

home.aspx
   


China launches month-long safety probe after deadly chemical blast

March 28, 2019 / reuters
SHARESHARESHARE

China will launch a month-long, nationwide inspection programme into hazardous chemicals, mines and fire safety, the country’s safety watchdog said, following a deadly pesticide plant blast that killed 78 people last week.The Ministry of Emergency Management said in a notice late on Wednesday authorities needed to “deeply absorb” the lessons of the explosion at the chemical park in the city of  Yancheng in eastern China’s Jiangsu province. Safety departments were told to investigate “poor, chaotic and small” enterprises and to ensure that unqualified companies are shut down. They are also under pressure to crack down on a range of other activities, including the illegal or excess storage of dangerous chemical materials.