Siegwerk and APK work together to improve the recyclability of plastic packaging

October 4, 2019

In the fight against plastic waste, Siegwerk and APK have joined forces to make plastic packaging more recyclable and to perfect the recycling processes as part of a circular economy. Siegwerk, one of the world's leading providers of printing inks for packaging applications and labels, and APK AG, a specialist in the production of high-quality plastic granulate from plastic waste, want to meet the challenges of plastic recycling together and further optimize the recyclability of plastic packaging working in a circular economy. Plastic waste is one of the major issues of our time. Almost 80 million tons of plastic waste accumulate worldwide, and currently, only about 10 percent of the resources used in the production of plastics are recovered through recycling. The remaining 90 percent is incinerated, dumped or enter the environment uncontrolled.

Spotlight

Flowserve Corporation

Flowserve is one of the world's largest manufacturers of pumps, valves and seals with over 19,000 employees in over 60 countries. Built on more than 50 world-renowned heritage brands, the equity and customer loyalty we have earned over the past 220 years is the foundation of our leadership position across the globe.

OTHER ARTICLES

Transporting biological and chemical materials - what you need to know

Article | February 13, 2020

The landscape of biological and chemical logistics has changed rapidly - as have the regulatory frameworks around it. What has not necessarily kept pace is the end-user understanding of the nature of these logistical processes, their opportunities and their constraints. Twenty years ago, the transmission of biological and chemical materials was limited to a small range of organisations: usually national and international research companies, hospitals, major university departments, police and military departments with forensic responsibilities.

Read More

Setting record straight on testing harm in chemicals

Article | February 13, 2020

The modern world is built on chemicals, be it the medicines we use, or cleaning fluids, crop protection products, or the raw materials for everything from laptops and mobile phones to clothes and furniture. Across all, we have created an entire modern society with chemicals, and, as a result, constantly stretched the size of the world population we can feed, clothe and shelter. Yet, balancing all the gains from the modern chemistry around us against any negative environmental and human impact has been a rising concern, making for ever greater focus on testing and on risk assessment.

Read More

Why chemical characterization is the best way to assess patient risk

Article | February 11, 2020

Everyone is very familiar with the phrase when buying a house: All that really matters are three things - location, location, and location. This same principle applies to extractables and leachables chemistry analysis – the three things that truly matter are identification, identification, and identification. The greatest growth in the past ten years in demonstrating the safety of medical devices and container closure systems for drugs has been using analytical chemistry to determine what chemicals can leach from the device and what the patient is exposed to during its intended use.

Read More

How Chemical Companies Benefit from the Experience Economy

Article | February 10, 2020

To feel or experience from a business engagement started with customer experience mainly in the consumer products business. Today it has extended to even knowledge industries like the chemical industry where experiencing or feeling can be leveraged to include all stake holders from customers primarily to employees to supply chain people & suppliers and all else. With digital technologies this has become easier than before. The benefits from promoting the ‘feel’ or ‘experience’ emotion could be multifarious for the chemical industry as described in this article.

Read More

Spotlight

Flowserve Corporation

Flowserve is one of the world's largest manufacturers of pumps, valves and seals with over 19,000 employees in over 60 countries. Built on more than 50 world-renowned heritage brands, the equity and customer loyalty we have earned over the past 220 years is the foundation of our leadership position across the globe.

Events